Common Sense Advice And Uncommon Legal Results
Dana Flanagan-McBeth is Of Counsel with Duggan McHugh Law Corporation. Dana joined Duggan McHugh Law Corporation in 2016 and specializes in estate planning, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, assignment of guardians, HIPAA forms, re-titling of trust assets, deed preparation, and trust funding. Dana concurrently works as tax counsel for the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration and brings extensive knowledge and vast legal experience. Prior to serving as Of Counsel to Duggan McHugh, Dana has worked as counsel for the Employment Development Department as well as the Board of Equalization. Dana has authorized multiple annotated legal opinions for the Board of Equalization, including “Change in Ownership; Mineral Rights,” and “Change in Ownership Exclusion – Section 62(a)(2) Proportional Transfer of Partnership Interests.” She also has experience in litigation, although her passion remains in estate planning. She has practiced in both state and federal courts.
Dana received her B.A. in English from University of California at Los Angeles and her J.D. from University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. She has served as president and board member of the Wiley Manual Bar Association, for which she currently serves as a general member. She is also a member of Women Lawyers of Sacramento.
In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family, running, and rooting for the UCLA Bruins, Los Angeles Dodgers, and the Las Vegas Raiders.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, 1994, Sacramento, California
- University of California at Los Angeles, 1990
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Anthony M. Kennedy American Inn of Court, 2007-2008
- Wiley Manuel Bar Association, President 2006, Board Member 2007, General Member 2008 - Present
- Women Lawyers of Sacramento