Christina Bucci Hamilton
- Workplace Investigations
- Employment Law Investigations
- Employment Litigation - Employer
- Employment Law Advice & Counsel
Christina Bucci Hamilton has been with the firm since its inception in 2013 and has contributed significantly to both the founding and development of the firm. She specializes in California and Federal employment laws and regularly counsels’ clients on wage and hour compliance, the Fair Employment and Housing Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII, and others; including review and drafting of compliant policies, handbooks, and employee communications; counsel regarding employee discipline and termination; responding to EEOC/CRD charges, and performing prompt, thorough, neutral workplace investigations. She is a seasoned employment law litigator, with significant experience handling wage and hour class and PAGA actions, harassment, discrimination, and retaliation claims. She regularly conducts workplace trainings for clients including sexual harassment prevention training, and frequently presents on various HR topics involving EEO issues, leaves of absences, internal and external investigations, as well as wage and hour issues affecting employers.
Christina is also a member of the Association of Workplace Investigators (AWI) and has passed the rigorous test to obtain a certificate in workplace investigations from AWI. She conducts independent and neutral investigations for both public and private employers.
Christina also formerly taught Workplace Investigations to law students at McGeorge School of Law.
Christina currently serves as a Board Member for the Center for Land Based Learning. Prior to joining Duggan Law Corporation, Christina completed a judicial externship with the Honorable John A. Mendez of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California. She also worked as a law clerk for a boutique labor and employment firm and volunteered with Voluntary Legal Services of Northern California's Employment Law Clinic. Christina is a member of the Sacramento County Bar's Labor and Employment Section, and a former member of its Executive Committee. She is also a member of Women Lawyers of Sacramento.
Christina graduated in 2004 with a B.A. from San Diego State University, and earned her J.D. in 2013 from University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. Christina served as Chief Technical Editor for the McGeorge Law Review. She graduated with Distinction as a member of the Roger J. Traynor Honor Society.
In her spare time, Christina likes cooking, traveling, and spending time with her family and her dog, Ziggy.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- Honors: Roger J. Traynor Honor Society
- Honors: Extern, Hon. John A. Mendez, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- San Diego State University
- Association of Workplace Investigators Training Institute, 2022
- Certificate Holder
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Northern California, 2016 - 2023
- Association of Workplace Investigators
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Women Lawyers of Sacramento
- Center for Land Based Learning, Board Member